Sunday, February 7, 2010

new apartment

On a different note I moved into my new place at the beginning of January. It is a small, concrete apartment. Most of the rooms are a sky blue except for the hallway, which is covered in tiles.

There is a living room, the only room with real windows, which I hang out in all the time. There are two other rooms, one, which acts as a bedroom, and the second, which is currently a storage room. It may or may not be transformed into a real room at some point. In addition to the other three rooms there is kitchen with very low counters and a shower/squat toilet. I say shower/squat toilet because it is one and the same. I have a learned the hard way to put a water bottle in the hole of the toilet when I shower to avoid dropping bars of soap down the hole.

The house, other than being at an average of 45°F, is awesome. No one can quite understand why a young, unmarried girl would want to live on her own but I am thrilled to have my house. As long as I don’t make a habit of using the house as a hiding place, I think it will work out perfectly. Although I may have to put a sign on the inside of my door that says, “GO OUTSIDE FAUVE.”

Other than that, being able to cook what I want and eat when I want is amazing. You would think having someone cook for you all the time would be nice (and it is) but alas…

Other highlights in the house are the ability to blast music, the heated blanket and down comforter (thanks dad J) tiled walls, roof upon which to do laundry, skylight that leaks when it rains, and the fact that it is a safe place where I don’t have to put on a show at least a few hours a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment