Monday, November 23, 2009

RoseValley Dar Chebab

My Dar Chebab is a concrete building with 5 rooms. One room is a little bigger and has been used as an exercise room or a room for theater activities in the past(until the roof started caving in). There is a room to teach English, a little English Library, the Moudir’s office, and a storage room.  It also sounds like a new Dar Chebab is in the works but it is unclear yet as to when it will actually be built.

 I am hoping to set up my schedule next week. I’d like to teach a few English classes a week, an art class, and to hang out in the English Library a few hours a week to give the kids a place to read, study, or play. This is kind of my projected plan while I get to know my community and I start to talk to them about what they are interested in, for the future.

I then want to set aside a couple hours a week to do a leadership club and workshops on different health issues or social issues but that will come later. Right now my main goals are learning the language and integrating. I think once I get into a groove at the Dar Chebab time will start to fly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment