Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving

A couple nights ago I was able to go to a Thanksgiving dinner with about 10 other Volunteers. We decided to do an early Thanksgiving because of travel restrictions and the big Moroccan holiday that both happen to surround Thanksgiving Day this year.

 Several people really took charge with the planning and we were able to get a turkey and cook it at the local bakery/hammam because it was too big to cook in the oven at the house. It was really nice to take the time to celebrate with these other PCVs. Most of them have been here between 8 months to 1.5 years and had lots of insight into PC service in Morocco. I learned from every conversation I had. Topics involved some kind of project planning, cultural or social analyses or how to convey what we are learning and experiencing here to people that can’t be here to share the experience with us.  It was all very positive.

We started dinner with the things we were thankful for and ended it with a game of charades.  If/Since I couldn’t celebrate at home with family this was the next best thing. 

I am thankful for all of your support and the many opportunities I have been given throughout my life. I am thankful for my wonderful friends and family and the new friends and family I am developing here. I couldn't do it without you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment